||What is Unity, LLC?
Unity LLC is a qualified vendor through the Department of Economic Security's Division of Developmental Disabilities. Unity services include Child and Adult Developmental Homes and Home and Community Based Services which consist of Respite, Attendant Care and Habilitation.
What is a Child Developmental Home?
A Child Developmental Home provides parenting to a child with developmental disabilities who cannot live with his or her own family.
What is an Adult Developmental Home?
An Adult Developmental Home provides support to an adult with developmental disabilities who cannot live with his or her own family.
What are the General Requirements to become a Developmental Home?
Please refer to the Licensing section for further details regarding requirements
- Applicants must be 21 years of age older and can be single, married, divorced or widowed
- Applicants must have legal residency in Arizona and be a US Citizen
- Applicants must have adequate space and bedrooms in the home
- Applicants must be a reputable and honest character
- Applicants must pass a child and adult protective service background check
- Applicants must pass a criminal history background check
- Applicants must participate in pre and post licensing training
- Applicants must be knowledgeable, stable and mature
- Applicants must have physical, emotional and mental stability
- Applicants must have income resources that are currently meeting the needs of their family
- Applicants must have adequate transportation
- Applicants must pass a Life Safety Inspection
What are Home and Community Based Services?
Home and Community Based Services are provided to children, youth and adults who have developmental disabilities. These services provided can be respite, attendant care and habilitation. Services can be provided in the individual's home, the provider's home or community setting.
What are the general requirements for HCBS providers?
There are different requirements for each HCBS service you are interested in providing. The general requirements include the following:
For more information on specific requirements for each service, please contact Unity, LLC.
- HCBS applicants must have at least three months work experience in providing assistance to an individual to meet essential personal, physical and homemaking needs. This ability includes social, physical and emotional fitness.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age;
- Completed application
- Three completed references
- Level 1 Fingerprint clearance card
- Training Certifications: CPR and First Aid; Article 9 and other certifications deemed necessary for that service such as Habilitation Training
- If the provider will be driving a consumer, Unity, LLC will need a copy of a valid Driver's License, Registration and Vehicle insurance. The vehicle must be in good working order.
- If applicants will be providing services in their own home a Life-Safety inspection will need to be completed, additionally any household members over the age of 18 will need to submit to a criminal background clearance check