||What is Unity, LLC?
Unity LLC is a qualified vendor through the Department of Economic Security's Division of Developmental Disabilities. Unity services include Child and Adult Developmental Homes and Home and Community Based Services which consist of Respite, Attendant Care and Habilitation.
What is a Child Developmental Home?
A Child Developmental Home provides parenting to a child with developmental disabilities who cannot live with his or her own family.
What is an Adult Developmental Home?
An Adult Developmental Home provides support to an adult with developmental disabilities who cannot live with his or her own family.
What are the General Requirements to become a Developmental Home?
Please refer to the Licensing section for further details regarding requirements
- Applicants must be 21 years of age older and can be single, married, divorced or widowed
- Applicants must have legal residency in Arizona and be a US Citizen
- Applicants must have adequate space and bedrooms in the home
- Applicants must be a reputable and honest character
- Applicants must pass a child and adult protective service background check
- Applicants must pass a criminal history background check
- Applicants must participate in pre and post licensing training
- Applicants must be knowledgeable, stable and mature
- Applicants must have physical, emotional and mental stability
- Applicants must have income resources that are currently meeting the needs of their family
- Applicants must have adequate transportation
- Applicants must pass a Life Safety Inspection
For more information on specific requirements for each service, please contact Unity, LLC.